26 Feb Update on the Fishers Library
Update on the Fishers Library
Thank you for your continued patience through the water damage challenges at the Fishers Library. The following damage has been determined:
- 45,000 plus square feet of wall will need drywall replacement or repair, and new wallpaper or paint
- 46,000 plus square feet of ceiling will need new tiles
- 46,000 plus square feet of floor will need new flooring
- Miscellaneous repairs and cleaning will also be needed
- The above numbers are basically the size of three professional hockey rinks or twenty single family houses! Repairs are extensive and while we don’t yet have a timeline for completion, we are working to have this resolved as quickly as possible while keeping the safety of patrons and staff as top priority.
In the Meantime…
Until the repairs are completed, the Fishers Library will continue to operate with limited services. Our children’s department will be OPEN and accessible via our East Entrance.
- Available Services include:
- Hold pickup
- Materials return and checkout
- Library card registration and account management
- Fine payment
- Reference services
- Youth materials browsing
- Youth programming
- Limited Express DVD/Blu-Ray browsing
- Limited new items
- Meeting rooms (with prior reservations)
The main entry to the library with remain closed. Public computers, study rooms, and access to the general areas of the library will not be available.
The Noblesville Library will be open and continue to offer our full line of services. Please contact the library with any questions.