09 Jan Ignite Studio Emerging Maker-in-Residence Application
Description of Residency
Ignite Studio invites emerging/early career central Indiana artists to serve as our Maker-in-Residence for a 6-week period. Ignite Studio is an arts-focused makerspace designed to offer broad access to the Hamilton County community to a variety of art and making practices. Our goal is to help patrons on-ramp to their own creativity by introducing new and exciting equipment and experiences. The Maker-in-Residence program is an integral part of this mission to help inspire and empower people to reconnect to making practices. Selected residents will receive free studio space and an opportunity to explore their creative craft while they engage the public.
Requirements of Selected Resident
- Serve 6 consecutive weeks as the maker-in-residence at Ignite Studio.
- Utilize a 1600 sq. ft. studio space as fully as possible to share your creative process with Ignite Studio patrons.
- Devote 4 hours/week to offering patrons experiences related to your art/making practice. Details will be agreed upon by the resident and Ignite Studio staff after the selection process is complete. Applications are reviewed on the strength of the emerging maker/artist’s commitment to pursuing their craft professionally as well as their ability to articulate about their work to the public.
- Exhibit work in Ignite Studio. Artists may sell work that is exhibited in space provided they handle all aspects of the transaction. Ignite Studio will not take any commission for works sold out of our space.
Submit all required materials as a single pdf document via email to Coynek@hepl.lib.in.us. If providing samples of your work necessitates video or audio clips, please include within that section of your pdf application links to those samples on YouTube.
- Artist Statement of Intent and Purpose
- 250 word max
- Why are you interested in the Ignite Studio Residency? What unique quality will you bring to the residency? Why will our patrons be interested in you, your artistic process and your work?
- 1 page max
- Samples of work
- 6 max
- Other Commitments
- What other teaching, exhibit, fair, festival or other commitments do you already have during the course of your residency?
Submit all required materials as a single pdf document via email to Coynek@hepl.lib.in.us.
Dates and Deadlines
- Summer Residency:
- Application Deadline—March 1, 2019
- Residency Dates— Any six-week period between June 1, 2019 and July 31, 2019